Continuing Medical Education (CME) Coordinator
Association management firm has an immediate opening for an experienced Continuing Medical Education (CME) Coordinator. Successful candidate will have the skills to assist in the administration of CME accreditation programs for physicians. The role requires internal and external customer service, attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communications.
Responsibilities Position Summary:
The incumbent is accountable for supporting the Continuing Medical Education (CME) compliance coordination and reporting for all Advocacy & Management Company client programs. The incumbent will also work closely to ensure all commercial support is provided compliantly.
- Assist the CME Director and Event Manager(s) to ensure that all CME activities, documentation, and materials comply with program objectives and guidelines set by the ACCME and CMA.
- Assist Planning Committees, CME Director and Event Manager in development and refinement of educational needs and objectives to be addressed by a CME activity.
- Assists in developing and organizing documents, materials, and in-activity assessments for CME and non-CME activities.
- Process activity evaluations and outcome measurement tools and support development of post-activity reports.
- Manage and maintain accurate, up-to-date information of credit information for all participants.
- On-site support for each CME activity as required by CME Director, Event Manager and Executive Director.
- Maintain and constantly update all policies, procedures, minutes, and activity files in compliance with CMA and ACCME Guidelines.
- Incumbent is responsible for CME activity faculty/presenter correspondence and follow-up.
- Administer CME activities in various formats, primarily live conferences but may include online (enduring) materials according to departmental, CMA and ACCME policies, standards, and regulations.
- Review of CMA and ACCME website and emails for new or updated guideline information; collaborate with CME Director to update policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Assist with preparation of accreditation materials, consisting of Annual Review, PARS reporting, and Re-accreditation Application requirements.
- Assists with preparation of written materials: proofread and edit written and printed materials.
- Develop CME committee documents for review in concert with CME Director.
- Screen and route telephone calls appropriately and expeditiously, take accurate messages and provide complete information to callers. Assists the caller towards problem resolution.
- Ensure discretion and confidentiality of personal information collected from learners and faculty
- On-site support for each CME activity as required by Event Manager and Executive Director.
- Ability to work individually and in a team to build and maintain working relationships by being tactful, helpful, diplomatic and participate with a wide variety of audiences and personalities required.
- Excellent problem-solving ability in a broad range of areas to address all the potential problems that might arise required; scheduling conflicts, communication problems, technical problems, etc.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal including but not limited to correspondence with faculty, activity participants, and representatives from various departments within and outside of the institution.
- Energetic, creative, self-motivated, adaptable, independent worker with a strong sense of responsibility required.
- Knowledge of CMA and ACCME accreditation criteria or can quickly acquire a thorough understanding preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large projects and conferences preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint (including Excel, Outlook, and Power Point).
- Excellent customer service, abilities maintain positive rapport and possess excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills preferred.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines preferred.
Salary range $57-70K annually depending on experience. Attractive benefits package. Submit resume to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.